Saturday, September 20, 2008

Diagnosis





Hi everyone. I know that all of the love coming our way has helped me and my Moms tremendously over the past couple of days and we are very grateful to you all. After an MRI my awesome Orthopedic Surgeon, Kimberly Carlson D.V.M. from Berkeley Dog and Cat Hospital has been able to diagnose me. I am scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday to have a vertebrae removed from my lower back that is compressing my nerve roots OUCH! That is the short version of many large words one of which is Spondylitis.
I am home with my Moms for a few days after 2 overnights in the hospital. I am on Tramadol,Prednisone,Cephalexin,Pepcid AC, and Acepromazine. It may sound like a party but it is just keeping me comfortable until Tuesday and best of all I am home for the weekend. These photos are my time at the vet, tomorrow I will post some of me at home. Please keep the love coming, we have a long week ahead of us. Love,Neko
P.S. Did I mention I am home for the weekend. YEAH

9 comments:

Stanley said...

Neko Sweetpea,

Bummer about the surgery, but I am stinnkin' glad they were able to diagnose what's going on. Extra smooches to your fine vet ~ she sounds amazing!

Speaking of smooches, the juicy healing ones will keep coming your way until you don't need them any more. And, if you can, please pass a couple of the comforting juicy smooches to your mamas! Any mama (or mamas) who will hang with you on the floor of the vet's office is a KEEPER! We love her/them for that!

I'll especially be thinking on you and sending the smooches & AireZen your way Tuesday. Keep us posted as you can, girlie.

Goober love,
Stanley

Chef said...

Sorry you've got a back boo boo, Neko. I've got my paws crossed for a successful operation. Good luck.

xoxo
Chef

Miss Ellie and Baz said...

Hi Neko,
We're so sorry to hear about the surgery. We're keeping everything crossed that it goes well.
Thinking of you!!!!

Ellie & Bazzy (the leuradales pinky is visiting us)
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Lindsay said...

Hi, Neko. We heard about you from Stanley of Gooberstan, and we had to come over and wish you well. We'll be sending all our good thoughts your way. Hope you feel better soon!

Brown dog kisses (extra for your Moms, who must be very worried),
Dannan and The Girl

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Neko...
Nice to meet you. My name is Ruby and I'm friends with Stanley. I'm thinking good thoughts for you on your surgery and I'll be crossing my paws too!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Lacy said...

w00f's Neko, mice to meeted u, me iz rocky and me iz 2 years old...stanley said u was having surgery, me iz sorry u feels bad and hope the surgery goes pawsomely....me gots my paws crossed and u will b in our thoughts and prayers...

b safe and git well soon...
~rocky~

Elliott's said...

Neko it looks like you have a lot of pups that are sending their love and prayers to you. We will be thinking of you and praying for you and your mamas. Take it easy the next couple of weeks (which I know will probably be mandatory, but tough none the less). Your Uncle Jamen and cousins were so sad to hear about your back and cannot wait to have you up and playing again. Much love and prayers! XOXO

The Black and Tans. said...

Hello Neko

We are so sorry to read you must have an operation but if it takes all that horrible pain away then it is for the best.

We will continue to keep our paws crossed for you and send AireZen across the "pond" to you.

Take care

Molly and Taffy xx

Molly the Airedale said...

We're glad you know exactly what you're dealing with but we're sorry that surgery has to be involved! We're sending you lots of healing AireZen, Neko!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch